Atte Ka Halwa (Wheat Flour Halwa)
Today I am sharing a recipe of healthy and delicious sweet dessert – Atte ka Halwa (Wheat Flour Halwa) also known as Atte ka Sheera. It is a popular Halwa recipe made from very few ingredients. Kada Prasad offered to devotees at all Gurudwaras or Temples is made with Sugar. Instead of Sugar, I have added Jaggery to make it a healthy dessert. This Nutritious and delicious Halwa can be made instantly at home. Learn how to make Atta ka Halwa with this step-by-step guide.
- 1 cup Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Jaggery (Gur)
- 2 & 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp. coarsely Ground Wheat Flour (Gehu ka Jaada Atta)
- Dry Fruits for garnishing
- Heat water in a pan over medium flame.
- When water is slightly warm, add Jaggery.
- Stir continuously till Jaggery melts completely.
- Stop stirring and heat till it starts boiling, switch off the gas.
- Heat clarified butter in a kadhai over medium flame.
- Add Wheat Flour and coarsely ground Wheat flour.
- Keep stirring and roast the flour till the colour changes of the flour and you get the aroma of roasted wheat flour. It will take about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add Jaggery syrup while stirring continuously.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, you can add Cardamom Powder at this stage (optional).
- The Halwa will absorb the water and continue to thicken quickly.
- Keep stirring and cooking till it starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- When it’s thick like Suji Halwa, switch off the gas.
- Garnish with Dry Fruits.
- Serve Atte ka Halwa hot or warm.
You might also like Gajar ka Halwa Recipe
Watch Atte ka Halwa (Wheat Flour Halwa) Recipe video in Hindi