Chana Dal Chikki Recipe
Roasted Chana Dal Chikki, also known as Daliya Chikki is quite easy to make as it requires just 3 ingredients. This Crispy brittle is mostly prepared during winter, especially during the Makar Sankranti festival in India. It can be made using Sugar, but I’ve used Jaggery. Trust me; any Chikki made with Jaggery tasted better and is healthy compared to Chikki made with sugar. During this Uttarayan Festival, try this easy Roasted Chana Dal Chikki Recipe at home.
- 250g Roasted Chana Dal
- 250g Jaggery
- 2 tsp. Clarified Butter
- Heat Clarified Butter in a large pan over medium flame.
- Add Jaggery, stir continuously and cook until it melts.
- Finally, add Roasted Chana Dal, mix well.
- To set the chikki, grease a plate with clarified butter.
- Transfer the hot chikki mixture into a greased plate.
- Press firmly and spread evenly using a spatula.
- Let it cool down to room temperature and then cut into desired size pieces.
- Roasted Chana Dal Chikki is ready to serve.
- Store in airtight container and consume within 3 weeks.
You might also like Dry Fruit Chikki
Watch Chana Dal Chikki Recipe Video