Dhana Jeera Masala | Coriander and Cumin Powder
Summer in India is also known as Masala Season. I prepare all the Masalas, used in making delicious dishes, at home. Today I am sharing the recipe of Dhana Jeera Masala, also known as Coriander and Cumin Powder. It gives a rich flavor to any Indian Dish. Unlike widely used 2:1 ratio of Dhana and Jeera, in this Gujarati Traditional Recipe, 5 other spices are used to make this Dhania Jeera Masala. Learn how to make this Masala at home and store for a year or even more without adding any preservatives.
- 1kg Coriander Seeds (धनिया के बीज)
- 150g Cumin Seeds (जीरा)
- 50g Black Pepper (काली मिरी)
- 50g Cinnamon (दालचीनी)
- 20g Clove (लौंग)
- 50g Bay leaves (तेज पत्ता)
- 25g Star anise (चक्र फूल)
- Sun dry all ingredients 5 to 6 hours a day for 3 days. (preferred method)
- You can also roast each spice for 1 & ½ minute over the low flame.
- Add all ingredients in a mixer jar and grind to a fine powder.
- Sieve using a fine mesh strainer and grind again leftovers.
- Repeat the process and grind remaining spices.
- Dhana Jeera Masala is ready.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.
You might also like Garam Masala Recipe
⇓ Watch Dhana Jeera Masala / Coriander and Cumin Powder Recipe video ⇓