Homemade Tomato Ketchup
A simple and delicious recipe of Tomato Ketchup using fresh Tomatoes. This is a healthier alternative to processed ketchup. In this simple recipe, I will show you How to make Creamy and Tangy Ketchup at home.
- 1kg Red Tomato
- 100g Onion chopped
- 100g Sugar
- 20g Garlic
- 20g Ginger roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Clove Powder
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the Tomatoes well in water and roughly chop.
- Add Onion, Ginger, Garlic and grind all ingredients.
- Heat the blended mixture in a pan over medium heat.
- Add Sugar, Cinnamon Powder, Clove Powder, Black Pepper Powder and Kashmiri Chilli Powder, mix well.
- Stir continuously and cook for 10 – 15 minutes over medium flame.
- After 15 minutes, boil the mixture over the high flame for 5 minutes, keep on stirring at intervals.
- Lower the flame, add Salt and mix well.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Filter the ketchup using a sieve.
- Homemade Tomato Ketchup is ready, you can store in the refrigerator and consume within 15 days.
- To store for a longer period, add 1 tsp Sodium Benzoate after cooling down the Ketchup. This can be stored for 2 months in the refrigerator.
You might also like – How to store Green Peas for 12 months
Watch Homemade Tomato Ketchup Recipe video in Hindi