Jain Cabbage Pakoda
Jain Cabbage Pakoda – deep-fried fritters made from fresh cabbage, gram flour and spices without Onion or Garlic. It’s a perfect evening snack, especially during monsoon season. The recipe for Jain Cabbage Pakora/Cabbage Fritters is very easy & quick to prepare. Follow this test recipe & video tutorial (below) to make crispy & delicious Pakodas at home.
- 2 cup Gram Flour/Besan
- 500g Cabbage
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 2 pinch Asafoetida
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- Some fresh Coriander finely chopped
- ½ Lemon Juice
- 2-inch Ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Deep Fry
- Roughly chop Cabbage leaves (check instructions in the video below) and place in a large bowl.
- Add Coriander and Green Chillies.
- Add freshly grated Ginger; it’s an optional ingredient, you can skip but believe me it adds exquisite taste in Cabbage Pakodas.
- Now add Asafoetida, Black Pepper powder and Besan.
- The quantity of Besan depends on moisture released from freshly chopped Cabbage.
- Finally, add Sugar, Red Chilli Powder, Salt and Lemon Juice.
- Mix well all the ingredients, make sure all Cabbage leaves are coated well with Besan.
- Do not add water, moisture released from cabbage is enough to make the batter.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add Besan as required and prepare the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high flame.
- Deep fry Pakodas until they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Place Pakodas on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve Jain Cabbage Pakodas with Tomato Ketchup or Green Chutney.
You might also like Crispy Paneer Pakoda Recipe
Watch Jain Cabbage Pakoda Recipe video in Hindi