Moong Dal Pakoda – Lentil Fritters
During this Monsoon Season, what could be better with the evening tea than this Crispy Moong Dal Pakoda? Call it Moong Dal Bhajiya or Lentil Fritters – it is a perfect Tea-Time Snack food made from Split Green Gram. Try this one of the most popular street food of North India at home; it is also a favourite Gujarati Snack Food.
- 1 cup Split Green Gram (Moong Dal)
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1-inch Ginger
- 1 medium size Onion finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Deep fry
- Soak Moong Dal/Split Green Gram in water for 2 hours, drain the water.
- Add soaked Moong Dal, Green Chillies and Ginger in a mixer jar and coarsely grind together.
- Do NOT make a fine paste (check the video below) and do NOT add water while grinding.
- Add the mixture in a large bowl, add chopped Onions & Salt, mix well.
- Heat Oil for deep frying in a wok over medium flame.
- Drop spoonful of the mixture in hot oil using your fingers.
- Deep fry until they turn crispy & golden brown from all the sides.
- Repeat the process to make more Pakodas.
- Serve immediately with Chutney or serve as Tea-time snack.
You might also like Onion Pakoda / Kanda Bhaji Recipe
Watch Moong Dal Pakoda / Lentil Fritters Recipe video in Hindi