Upvas Dosa – Farali Dosa Recipe
Upvas Dosa or Farali Dosa made from Tapioca Sago (Sabudana) & Barnyard Millet (Moraiyo) is a Fasting Food recipe made during Fasting days like Holy Month of Shravan or Navratri. Very easy to make and very tasty dosa served best with Upvas Peanut Chutney.
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Sago (Sabudana)
- 1 cup Barnyard Millet (Moraiyo / Sama Rice)
- Fresh chopped Coriander
- Finely chopped Green Chillies
- Cumin Seeds
- Grated Ginger
- Salt to taste
- Clarified butter (Ghee)
- Soak Sabudana & Moraiyo in water for 6 – 8 hours.
- First of all, grind soaked Sabudana and Moraiyo together in mixer grinder & prepare smooth Batter.
- Pour the Batter into a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup water to make it as liquidy as Rava Dosa batter, mix well.
- Now add grated Ginger, chopped Green Chillies, Cumin Seeds, fresh Coriander.
- Finally, add Salt and mix well all ingredients.
- Upvas Dosa Batter is now ready.
- Heat dosa pan over high flame.
- Sprinkle some water on hot Tawa and wipe with a dry cloth before pouring the Batter.
- Pour a ladle full of batter on hot Tawa and spread evenly in a circular shape.
- Cook Dosa on low to medium flame.
- Add some Ghee and spread evenly to make crispy Dosa, cook till it turns crispy & golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and prepare more Dosa in the same way.
- Serve Farali Dosa with Peanut Chutney.
- You can skip Ginger & Coriander if you don’t eat during Fasting Days.
You might also like Farali Roti / Upvas ki Roti Recipe
Watch Upvas Dosa – Farali Dosa Recipe video in Hindi