Vermicelli Kheer – Seviyan Kheer Recipe
Vermicelli Kheer / Seviyan Kheer also known as Semiya Payasam is one of the easiest Kheer recipes that can be prepared in just 20 minutes. Main Ingredients are Milk and Seviya/Vermicelli. Seviya sauteed in ghee/clarified butter and cooked in hot milk. With added flavours of green cardamom powder and saffron. For sweetness, Sugar is added and for garnishing roughly chopped dry fruits.
- 1 cup Vermicelli / Seviyan
- 6 cup Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Clarified Butter
- ½ tsp. Green Cardamom Powder
- Some Saffron Threads
- 3/4th cup Mix Dry Fruit (chopped)
- Heat Milk in a pan over medium flame.
- In a large pan, add Clarified Butter, heat on low-medium flame.
- In hot Ghee add Vermicelli/Seviyan and sauté over medium flame for 5 – 7 minutes until golden brown.
- After 5 – 7 minutes, lower the flame and add hot Milk while stirring.
- Stir continuously and cook for about 1 minute.
- Increase the flame to high and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Cardamom Powder and Saffron threads, mix well.
- Add Sugar and cook for more 5 minutes on low flame, don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Switch off the gas after 5 minutes and add chopped dry fruits.
- You can add your choice of dry fruits, I’ve added Almonds, Pistachio and Cashew.
- Mix well and serve hot Vermicelli Kheer or let it cool down to room temperature and keep in refrigerator to serve chilled Kheer.
You might also like Sheer Khurma
Watch Vermicelli Kheer / Seviyan Kheer Recipe video in Hindi.