Bhature Recipe (without Baking Powder)
Bhature / Bhatura is classic Indian puffed bread which is traditionally served with Chole Masala. Here I am sharing a recipe of Bhature without Baking Powder. Watch step by step guide on how to make Bhature and serve with one of the favourite dish Chole Bhature.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Semolina
- 2 tbsp Curd
- ¼ cup Boiled grated Potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Deep fry
- Take a large bowl; add All Purpose Flour, Wheat Flour, Semolina, Salt, Curd and Grated Potatoes.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Add water little by little and prepare the dough.
- Add some Oil, knead well. Cover with a wet cotton cloth and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, knead again and make medium size balls from the dough.
- Heat oil in a kadhai over medium flame.
- Apply some oil on dough balls and roll them.
- Deep fry one at a time and press gently while frying.
- Serve hot with Chhole Masala.
You might also like Chole Masala Recipe
Watch Bhature (without Baking Powder) recipe video in Hindi