Leftover Rice Pakora
There are many delicious recipes you can make from Cooked Rice, and Leftover Rice Pakora is one of them. Here I’m sharing a very easy recipe to make crispy Pakoras from leftover cooked rice and believe me you won’t notice they are made from rice. I’ve already shared a couple of recipes made from leftover rice like Vegetable Rice Balls, Leftover Rice Cutlet etc. These pakodas are soft & fluffy from inside and crispy from outside.
- 1 & ½ cup Leftover Cooked Rice
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 2 tbsp. Semolina
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- 1 big size Onion finely chopped
- 6 – 7 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 & ½ tbsp. Pakora Masala
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Soda
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
For Pakora Masala recipe, refer my Mix Vegetable Pakora Recipe
- Take leftover rice in a bowl and gently mash.
- Now add all the ingredients – coriander, onion, gram flour, green chillies, garlic, sugar, pakora masala, red chilli powder, semolina and salt.
- Add minimal salt if you’ve already added salt while cooking the rice.
- Mix well all the ingredients.
- Add water as required and prepare a thick batter.
- The batter should not be liquidy.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil for frying in a pan or kadai.
- Add soda and lemon juice, mix well.
- Deep fry Pakoras until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on a paper napkin to remove excess oil.
- Serve Leftover Rice Pakoras with Green Chutney & Tomato Sauce.
You might also like Paneer Pakoda Recipe
Watch Leftover Rice Pakora Recipe video in Hindi