Spicy Potato Curry / Aloo Sabzi
Spicy Potato Curry / Aloo Sabzi (Dhaba Style) Recipe is very easy to make & it gets ready in just 10 minutes. Aloo Curry is best served with Chapati / Puri / Roti or Rice. Also known as Aloo Masala is made up of Boiled Potatoes and Indian Spices. Learn how to make Indian Dhaba-style Spicy Potato Curry at home.
- 2 medium size boiled Potato cut in cubes
- 1 medium size Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium size Tomato finely chopped
- some Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala (click for recipe)
- Jaggery (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Coriander & Cumin Powder (Dhana Jeera) (click for recipe)
- 1 tbsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp. grated Ginger
- 2 tsp. grated Garlic
- 2 Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
- 2 dry Red Chillies
- some Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai over medium flame.
- When oil is hot, add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds and Whole Spices – Bay Leaf, Dry Red Chilli, Curry Leaves.
- Sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add grated Ginger and Garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add chopped Tomato and some fresh chopped Coriander.
- Mix well and add ½ cup water, stir.
- Now add all spices – Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Kashmiri Chilli Powder, Dhana Jeera Masala, Salt & Jaggery (optional).
- Mix well all ingredients.
- Add potato cubes, mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add Garam Masala at the end, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and serve.
- Serve Spicy Potato Curry / Aloo Sabzi with Roti, Chapati, Puri or Rice.
You might also like Aloo Matar Recipe
Watch Spicy Potato Curry / Aloo Sabzi Recipe video in Hindi