Kadai Paneer or Kadhai Paneer is one of the most popular paneer recipes. Indian Cottage Cheese or Paneer is cooked in Onion & Tomato gravy with spices. Step by step recipe of how to make delicious restaurant style Kadai Paneer at home.
- 150g Paneer cut in square cubes
- 1 medium size Onion cut in squares
- 1 medium size Capsicum cut in squares
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Fresh Cream
- 1 Green Chilli
- Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- – for gravy
- 2 medium size Onion roughly chopped
- 2 medium size Tomato roughly chopped
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 1-inch Ginger
- – for Kadai Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 dry Red Chilli
- Dry roast whole spices on low flame for 1 minute and grind to make semi fine powder (Kadai Masala).
- In a kadhai, heat 1 tbsp Oil over medium flame.
- Now add Ginger, Garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add Onion and sauté till they become soft.
- Now add Tomatoes, a pinch of Salt and again sauté till tomatoes are softened.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool down. Grind in a mixture and make the paste.
- Add 1 tsp Oil and 2 tbsp Butter in a pan and heat over medium flame.
- In melted butter add Green Chilli, Capsicum and Onion.
- Sauté for 30 – 40 seconds, add Onion Tomato paste, 1tbsp Kadai Masala, Red Chilli Powder and some salt.
- Mix well all ingredients and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Paneer cubes, Kitchen King Masala, Garam masala and mix well.
- After adding Paneer, do not cook for more than 2 minutes.
- Add Kasuri Methi and some fresh coriander, mix well.
- Switch off the gas.
- Add some fresh cream and garnish with fresh coriander before serving Kadai Paneer.
- Serve hot with Roti, Naan or Paratha.
You might also like Paneer Butter Masala
Watch Kadai Paneer Recipe video in Hindi