Instant Khaman Dhokla
Khaman Dhokla is a delicious and very famous snack on the streets of Gujarat. Instant Khaman Dhokla – as the name suggests, it can be made instantly within 20 minutes and no need to prepare batter 8 to 10 hours in advance. Follow this recipe to make Khaman Dhokla at home.
- 2 cup Besan (pure Gram flour)
- 300ml Water
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Soda
- 1 tsp Citric Acid
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Rai (Mustard seeds)
- 4 Green Chilli
- Some Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Coriander for garnishing
- Grease a steamer pan/plate with oil.
- Set the cake rack at the bottom of steamer/steam cooker.
- Add some water and bring to boil, this will be used to steam the Dhokla.
- Take 300ml water and heat over medium flame till it gets warm.
- Switch off the gas and add Citric Acid and Sugar and stir until both dissolves completely.
- Add Gram Flour little by little and stir continuously so that there are no lumps.
- Add Salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, add soda and stir well, the batter will double in size and colour will also change a bit.
- Pour the batter into greased plate, put in the steamer over the rack.
- Cover the lid with a cotton cloth and cook over high flame for 10 minutes.
- Covering lid with a cloth will help absorbing steam so that Dhokla will come out dry.
- Switch off the gas and open the lid after another 5 minutes.
- Remove the plate from cooker and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Cut in pieces.
- Heat Oil in a tadka pan over low flame.
- Crackle Mustard Seeds; add curry leaves and Green Chillies.
- Mix well, switch off the gas and spread the tadka over Khaman Dhokla.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Green Chutney.
You might also like Khatta Dhokla Recipe
Watch Instant Khaman Dhokla Recipe video in Hindi