Kachariyu Recipe – Winter Special
Kachariyu is a winter Special Traditional & Healthy Gujarati Snack. ‘Kacharvu’ means “to grind”, and since we grind the Sesame seeds in this recipe the name derived is Kachariyu. It’s very healthy & Popular food in Gujarat during Winter season. You can call it as desi version of Energy Bars, and it can be stored for up to 3 weeks at room temperature (during winter season).
- 1 cup roasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup seedless Dates
- 1/2 cup grated Jaggery
- 2 tbsp. sliced Cashews
- 2 tbsp. sliced Almonds
- 1 tbsp. Watermelon Seeds
- 1 tsp. Poppy Seeds
- 2 tsp. dry Ginger Powder
- 2 tsp. Peepramul Powder / Ganthoda Powder
- 2 – 3 tbsp. Clarified Butter or Sesame Oil
- Coarsely grind Sesame Seeds in a mixer grinder. Grind at lowest speed for just 3 – 5 seconds.
- Add grated jaggery and dates and grind again with Sesame Seeds.
- Remove the mixture in a large bowl.
- Add Almonds, Cashew, Watermelon Seeds, Poppy Seeds, Ginger Powder & Ganthoda powder.
- Add 1 tbsp. Ghee and mix well all the ingredients.
- Instead of Clarified Butter, you can also use Sesame Oil
- Add Ghee as required, it will help to bind the mixture.
- Winter Special Kachariyu is Ready.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with Dry Fruits.
You might also like Methi Pak Recipe
Watch Kachariyu Recipe video in Hindi