Aloo Paratha Recipe
Aloo Parathas are made from unleavened dough stuffed with a spiced mixture of mashed potato, which is rolled out and cooked on a hot Tawa (Pan) with butter or ghee. Aloo Paratha is usually served with butter, chutney, curd or pickles.
- 4 medium size boiled grated Potato
- 2 & 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- Some fresh Coriander chopped
- Some Garlic cloves
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 medium size Onion
- 1/2 tsp. Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp. Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- Add Garlic, Ginger, Green Chillies & Onion in a mixer and grind.
- For making dough, add Salt & Oil in wheat flour and mix well. Add water little by little and prepare the dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- For stuffing, heat 1 tsp. Oil in a pan over medium heat. Add Cumin powder and mix well.
- Add ground paste made from Ginger, Garlic, Onion & Green Chillies.
- Saute for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add Fresh chopped coriander, Salt and sauté for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, lower the flame and add boiled grated Potato and mix well.
- Add Chaat Masala, mix again and switch off Gas.
- Stuffing is ready, let it cool down to room temperature.
- Take a dough ball and roll into a circle. While rolling, make outer corner thinner and keep inner core thick.
- Add stuffing and close from all sides. Roll gently into a thick circle.
- Place in the hot Tawa and cook evenly from both sides over medium flame.
- Use Ghee (Clarified Butter) for frying.
- Serve Hot with Curd or Chutney.
You might also like Lachha Paratha Recipe
Watch Aloo Paratha Recipe Video in Hindi