Bharwa Bhindi / Stuffed Okra
Bharwa Bhindi / Stuffed Okra – A Popular Indian Sabzi/side dish made from slit Bhindis/Okra stuffed with spicy masala and shallow fried with Onions. Making Masala for Stuffed Bhindi is a very important part of the recipe. It can be served with Roti or Parathas. Learn how to make Masala Bhindi recipe at home with a step-by-step recipe guide.
- 150g Small size Bhindi / Okra
- 4 tbsp Roasted Peanut Powder
- 4 tbsp Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Powder Sugar
- 2 tsp Sambar Masala
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Medium size Onion Slice
- Cut Top & Tail of all Bhindis and slit them lengthwise.
- For Stuffing
- Take a large bowl, add Roasted Peanut Powder, Gram Flour and add all spices – Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Sambar Masala, Chaat Masala, Garam Masala, Salt, Powder Sugar.
- Add Lemon Juice and 1 tbsp Oil and mix all ingredients well.
- Take each Bhindi and stuff with prepared stuffing.
- Heat 1-tbsp Oil in a heavy-based or non-stick pan over low flame.
- When Oil is slightly hot, add sliced Onions and saute for 1 minute.
- Add Masala filled Bhindis and stir gently.
- Cover with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes over low flame. If you have used medium or large size Okra, cooking time will increase to 5 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, stir gently and add 2 tbsp stuffing Masala and mix well.
- Again cover with a lid and cook for more 2 – 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, switch off the gas and transfer Bharwa Bhindi to a serving bowl.
- Serve hot.
You might also like Kadai Paneer Recipe
Watch Bharwa Bhindi / Stuffed Okra Recipe video in Hindi