Dahi vada Recipe | Dahi Bhalla
Dahi Vada / Dahi Bhalla is the yummiest and most liked snack in India. Dahi Bhalla dumplings made from split Black Gram (urad dal) and fried, soaked and then topped with a spicy savoury Yoghurt and Chutney.
- 2 cup Curd
- 1 cup (250g) Split Black Gram (Urad Dal)
- 3 tbsp Powder Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Soda
- 2 pinch Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 8 – 10 Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Deep fry
- Soak split Black Gram in water for about 6 – 8 hours.
- Grind in Mixture grinder and make a thick batter. Add very little water while grinding.
- Beat the batter for 8 – 10 minutes if using hand or spoon. If using a Hand blender, beat for just 1 – 2 minutes. This will make the batter more light & fluffy.
- Add Salt and Soda, mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame. Take medium size portion of batter using hand or spoon and gently drop in oil.
- Deep fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
- In a bowl take slightly warm water and add Salt.
- Add fried Vadas in water and soak them for 10 minutes.
- To make Dahi for Dahi Vada, add Sugar and salt in Curd and whisk until smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a Tadka pan, add Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Curry Leaved and Asafoetida (Hing).
- Mix well and pour Tadka over Curd and mix well.
- Take each Vada from water, flatten and press between your palms to remove excess water, repeat the process with remaining Vadas.
- For serving – Place Vadas in serving plate, pour Curd over it until fully covered.
- Add some Green Chutney and Sweet Tamarind Chutney.
- Sprinkle Roasted Cumin seeds powder and Red Chilli Powder and serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later.
You might also like Chana Chaat Recipe
Watch Dahi Vada / Dahi Bhalla Recipe video in Hindi