Chana Chaat or Aloo Chana Chaat – a healthy snack recipe made with soaked and boiled Black Chickpeas. Chopped Onion, Tomato, Potato and Lemon juice with added spices gives it a tangy & spicy taste. It can be made using Kabuli Chana as well. This can be taken as breakfast, morning snack or after school snack for kids.
- 1 cup Black Chickpeas (Chana) soaked overnight
- 2 medium size Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium size boiled Potato finely chopped
- 1 medium size Tomato finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander finely chopped
Following ingredients as per taste
- Rock Salt (Kala Namak)
- Chaat Masala
- Red Chilli Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Wash and soak 1 cup Black Chickpeas overnight (6 – 8 hours) in water.
- Next day morning, add some Salt and water and cook Chana for 5 – 7 minutes till they turn soft.
- In a large bowl take the cooked Chana.
- Add chopped Onion, Potato, Tomato and fresh chopped Coriander
- Add spices as per your taste – Rock Salt, Chaat Masala, Red Chilli Powder and Salt.
- Add very little salt as while cooking Chana we already added some Salt.
- Add Lemon Juice and mix the entire mixture well.
- Garnish with chopped Coriander and serve.
You might also like Dahi Vada / Dahi Bhalla Recipe
Watch Chana Chaat Recipe video in Hindi