Gajar ka Halwa
Gajar ka Halwa or Carrot Halwa is one of the most popular Indian desserts. In this recipe, I have used Mawa / khoya instead of Milk, which reduces cooking time but gives the same creamy taste and texture. You can also use 500ml Milk instead of Mawa and take all other ingredients in the same measurement as mentioned below.
- 1 kg grated Carrot
- 100g Mawa
- 150g Sugar
- 5 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- Sliced Almonds, Pistachio & Cashew (1 tbsp each)
- 3 Cardamom
- pinch of Saffron threads
- Take a pan with heavy bottom and heat Clarified Butter over medium flame.
- Add Raisins and sauté until they plump.
- Add grated Carrot.
- Stir occasionally and cook Carrot for 10 – 12 minutes over medium flame.
- Add Mawa & Sugar and mix well.
- Cook for 5 – 7 minutes over medium flame.
- Do not cover with lid while cooking.
- Add sliced dry fruits, mix well and switch off the Gas.
- Garnish with some dry fruits and serve warm or cold.
You might also like Suji Halwa Recipe
Watch Gajar ka Halwa Recipe video in Hindi