Instant Farali Uthappa
Instant Farali Uthappa, you can also call it as Upvas Pancakes – made from Sama Ke Chawal & Sabudana, a Upvas Special Food you can eat during Fasting Days like the Holy month of Shravan, Navratri etc. A Very Easy and quick Uthappa recipe takes just a few minutes and it’s delicious too. A special Chat Masala made for Fasting Food is a must and I’m also sharing below a list of ingredients.
- 1 cup Sama Ke Chawal/Moraiyo
- 1/4th Cup Tapioca Pearls / Sabudana
- 2 tbsp. Ginger & Green Chilli Paste
- ½ tsp. Soda
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Grated Carrot
- Sliced Capsicum
- Finely chopped Fresh Coriander
- Clarified Butter
- Chat Masala
- Rock Salt
Chat Masala Ingredients
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp. Rock Salt
- ½ tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp. Amchur Powder
- Coarsely grind Moraiyo & Sabudana in a mixer grinder.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground mixture and Buttermilk, mix well.
- Add Fresh Coriander, Ginger & Green Chilli Paste and Rock Salt.
- Mix well all the ingredients.
- Add 3 – 4 tbsp. Water (as required), mix well and prepare the batter.
- Heat Dosa pan over medium-high flame.
- Spread Clarified Butter on the hot pan.
- Just before preparing Uthappa, add soda in the batter and mix well.
- Pour the Uthappa batter on the pan using a spoon and spread to make 2 – 3 small size Uthappa.
- You can also prepare large size Uthappas using the same batter.
- Add some grated Carrot and sliced Capsicum on the top of Uthappa.
- Sprinkle some Chat Masala (check ingredients above).
- Press the vegetables gently so that they stick to the batter.
- Cook for about 1 & ½ minute until they turn golden brown at the bottom.
- Flip over Uthappa and cook for about 30 seconds on the other side.
- Instant Farali Uthappa is ready to serve.
- Serve immediately with Upvas Chutney.
Some of my Most Popular Fasting Food Recipes
Watch Farali Instant Uthappa recipe video in Hindi