Irani Samosa / Onion Samosa Recipe
Samosa is one of the most popular snacks in India. Here, I am sharing Irani Samosa / Onion Samosa recipe. Deep fried snack made with a savoury filling, such as Onion, Poha, flour and spices. Learn how to make Onion / Irani Samosa at home with this step-by-step guide.
- 1 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup thin Poha
- 2 tbsp. Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- Fresh Coriander
- 1 tsp. Chat masala
- 1 tsp. Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp. Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp. Green Chilli finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Spring Roll Pastry / Samosa Patti
- Oil for deep fry
- To prepare samosa stuffing, add all ingredients in a bowl – Poha, Coriander, Green Chillies, Chat Masala, Red Chilli Powder and Fennel Seeds.
- Mix well all ingredients.
- Now add Salt, mix again and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Add some water in All Purpose Flour, mix well to prepare a Maida paste.
- Start folding Samosa Patti in a triangle shape.
- Add stuffing, fold and seal the samosa with Maida paste.
- Prepare all samosa in the same way.
- You can prepare this samosa 1 – 2 hours prior and keep in the refrigerator.
- Deep fry samosa in oil over medium flame until it turns golden brown.
- Remove the fried samosas on an absorbent paper.
- Serve Irani Samosa / Onion Samosa with Chutney or Sauce.
You might also like Punjabi Aloo Samosa Recipe
Check out Playlist of Samosa Recipes on YouTube
Watch Irani Samosa / Onion Samosa Recipe video in Hindi