Kanda Poha / Savory Flattened Rice
Kanda Poha / Savory Flattened Rice is one of the most popular healthy breakfast/snack recipe from Maharashtra made with Poha/flattened rice and Onions. There are many recipes for making Poha, either with Potato or Onions or both. I have made this Poha using Onions. Learn how to make this healthy breakfast Kanda Poha at home.
- 2 cup thick Poha (flattened rice)
- 2 medium size Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. Peanuts (mungphali)
- Fresh Coriander finely chopped
- 10-15 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chilli sliced
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Oil
- Lemon Juice
- – For Garnishing
- finely chopped Onion
- finely chopped Tomato
- Wash Poha in a colander and set it aside for 10 minutes and let the water drain out completely. (Do NOT soak Poha in water)
- Take a pan/wok and heat oil over medium flame.
- Add Green chillies and Curry leaves in hot oil and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Add Peanuts and sauté for about 1 & ½ minute.
- Now add chopped Onion and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes add Turmeric Powder and mix well.
- Add washed Poha, Lemon Juice, Salt, Sugar and mix well all ingredients.
- Lower the flame, cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add fresh coriander and mix well.
- Switch off the gas and serve.
- Serve Kanda Poha / Savory Flattened Rice with chopped Onion & Tomato.
You might also like Veg Mayonnaise Sandwich Recipe
Watch Kanda Poha / Savory Flattened Rice Recipe video in Hindi