Methi Pakoda / Methi na Gota
Methi na Gota or Methi Pakoda is very popular and one of the most authentic Gujarati snack recipe. It is also famous as Dakor na Gota. These Fenugreek Fritters – deep fried crispy snack is served with Chutney, Chunda (Mango Pickle) or fried Chilli.
- 1 & 1/2 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 cup fresh Fenugreek leaves
- 3 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Pakoda Masala
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Soda / Eno
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium size Onion finely chopped (optional)
- Oil for deep fry
Ingredients for Pakoda Masala:
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds (Variyali)
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Coarsely grind all ingredients
- Take a large bowl and add all ingredients except soda.
- Add some water and prepare the batter for Pakoda, do not make it liquidy.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, add soda and mix well.
- Add 2 tbsp hot oil and mix again.
- Fry over medium flame till Pakodas turn golden brown.
- Serve with Fried Chilli, Chunda or Chutney.
Watch Methi Pakoda / Methi na Gota Recipe video in Hindi