Onion Pakoda | Kanda Bhaji | Onion Fritters Recipe
Kanda Bhaji or Onion Pakoda recipe – deep fried Onion fritters are made with Besan (Gram Flour) and spices. Crispy and delicious Kanda Bhaji, also known as Pyazi, is an all-time favourite snack, especially during monsoon. It is a quick and easy to make Instant tea time savory snack.
- 4 medium size Onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder Salt to taste Oil for deep fry
- Take sliced Onions in a bowl; add chopped Green Chillies and Salt.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Take Gram flour in a large bowl; add Rice flour, Rice Flour, Red Chilli Powder and Salt.
- Mix well.
- Heat the Oil over medium flame.
- Add the mixture of sliced Onion in Gram flour and dry mix.
- Add 2 tbsp Hot Oil and again mix well.
- Add water little-by-little using a spoon and mix all the ingredients so that sliced Onion is coated well with flour batter.
- Do NOT make batter liquidy. If batter becomes too watery or thin then Pakodas will not turn crispy.
- Take a small portion of the mixture in your hand and gently drop 3-4 fritters into the Oil and deep fry until they turn Golden Brown in color.
- Drain excess Oil and place them on paper towel.
- Repeat the process for remaining batter.
- Serve Hot with Green Chutney.
You might also like Methi Pakoda Recipe
Watch Onion Pakoda / Kanda Bhaji Recipe video in Hindi