Upvas ka Aloo Paratha – Farali Aloo Paratha
Upvas ka Aloo Paratha / Farali Aloo Paratha – A healthy & gluten free fasting food recipe made from mix flour of Rajgira (Amaranth grain) & Moraiyo (Barnyard millet). Rajgira Parathas made during Fasting or Vrat days. Rajgira & Moraiyo, both are commonly used ingredients for religious fasting days like Shravan, Navratri, etc.
- 2 cup Rajgira (Amaranth grain) & Moraiyo aka Sama ke Chawal (Barnyard Millet) Flour
- 3 boiled, mashed Potatoes
- Finely Chopped Fresh Coriander
- 2 tbsp. Ginger and Green Chilli Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- Mix 1kg Rajgira & 150g Sama ke Chawal (Barnyard Millet) & grind to a fine flour just like Wheat Flour. Use 2 cups of this flour for the recipe.
- Take Flour in a large bowl, add Salt and 2 tbsp. Ghee/Oil.
- Add water as required and prepare the dough and keep it aside.
- – Stuffing for Farali Aloo Paratha
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- When Oil is hot, add Cumin Powder, Ginger & Green Chilli Paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Now, add mashed Potatoes, Coriander, Lemon Juice & Salt.
- Mix well all ingredients.
- Switch off the gas after mixing; stuffing is ready.
- – Preparing Aloo Paratha
- Take a small dough ball, dust with flour and roll into circular Roti using rolling pin, prepare 2 Rotis for 1 Paratha.
- Spread Potato stuffing on top of 1 Roti.
- Place second roti over the filling and press gently and seal the corners.
- Dust with some flour and roll again gently so that both the layers merge well.
- Heat Tawa and cook the Paratha on medium flame.
- Flip over the paratha when partially cooked on the bottom.
- Apply some Ghee and spread evenly.
- Cook Paratha till you see golden brown spots on both the sides.
- Repeat the process and cook all the Parathas.
- Serve Upvas ka Aloo Paratha hot with Curd.
You might also like Farali Dosa / Upvas ka Dosa Recipe
Watch Farali Aloo Paratha / Upvas ka Aloo Paratha Recipe video in Hindi