Veg Momos Recipe – Vegetable Dim Sum
Veg Momos – one of the most popular snack recipes originated in Tibet. Momos are made with sauteed vegetables stuffed in a Potli shaped steamed dumplings. A simple & authentic recipe of Vegetable Momos you can easily prepare at home. “Momo” is the Tibetian name, the same dish is known as “Dim Sum” in China.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 cup grated Cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot
- 1/4th cup chopped Spring Onions
- 1 tbsp. grated Ginger
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- Salt to taste
- – Preparing the dough
- Take All Purpose Flour in a bowl, add Salt and water as required and make the medium soft dough.
- After preparing the dough, add 1 tsp Oil and knead again for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Cover with lid and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- – Preparing the stuffing
- Heat Oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add Ginger & Green Chillies in hot oil, sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add Cabbage & Carrot, mix well and sauté for 1 minute.
- Switch off the gas and add Spring Onions, mix well and let it cool down to room temperature.
- After cooling the stuffing, add Black Pepper Powder, Garlic Powder and Salt.
- Mix well all the ingredients and keep aside.
- – Preparing Momos
- Make small size balls from the dough.
- Roll each dough into a thin circle of about 3 to 4 inch.
- Add stuffing at the centre, cover from all the sides and seal to make Momo.
- Lift the edge from one side and start pleating, join the pleats in the centre (check the video below for instructions).
- You can also make Momos in different shapes.
- Prepare all the Momos from remaining dough in the same way.
- Heat 2 cup water in a steamer, pressure cooker or Kadhai, I have steamed Momos in a Kadhai.
- Place the momos on a greased plate, keeping space between them.
- Place a stand in kadhai to keep distance between water level and plate.
- Cover with lid and steam on high flame for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Time of cooking Momos varies from the kind of pan/cooker or intensity of the flame.
- Once steamed, remove from Cooker/kadhai and place momos on a serving plate.
- Serve Hot Veg Momos with momos chutney or Schezwan Sauce.
You might also like Stuffed Potato Cheese Balls Recipe
Watch Veg Momos (Dim Sum) Recipe video in Hindi