Aloo Pakora – Potato Fritters Recipe
Crispy Aloo Pakora is one of the favourite street food snacks in Mumbai. Also known as Batata Bhajia or Potato Fritters – crisp and golden batter coated potato slices are deep fried in oil. This Aloo Pakodas are the perfect snack during monsoon season.
- 2 big size Potatoes
- 1 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 tbsp. Rice Flour
- 1 tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp. Carom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Powder Sugar (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Remove the skin of Potato and slice using a slicer to get the similar thickness.
- Keep Potato slices in a bowl filled with fresh water.
- In a bowl, add Besan & Rice Flour.
- Add all spices – Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Carom Seeds, Soda, Powder Sugar and Salt.
- Mix well all ingredients.
- Add water as required and prepare the smooth batter.
- I have added 3/4th cup water in 1 cup Besan.
- Heat Oil in a Kadai over medium flame.
- Dip Potato slice in the batter one at a time, coat well and add in hot Oil.
- Deep fry until they turn crisp and golden brown.
- Remove on a paper napkin lined plate.
- Serve hot Potato Fritters with Green Chutney or Sauce.
You might also like Palak Pakoda Recipe
Watch Aloo Pakora / Potato Fritters Recipe video in Hindi