Garam Masala Powder – Indian Spice Mix Recipe
Garam Masala Powder (Indian Spice Mix) is an important Indian spice blend that is a must in every Indian kitchen. There are many variations of making Garam Masala recipe. I am making Masala using following ingredients since many years. Here I am sharing my Secret Recipe of Garam Masala.
Ingredients for 250g Garam Masala (check image gallery for reference):
- 20g Black Pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 20g Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 20g Clove (Laung)
- 20g Caraway seeds (Shahjeera)
- 20g Star anise (Chakra Phool)
- 20g Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 20g Poppy seeds (Khas Khas)
- 20g Black Cardamom (Kali Elaichi)
- 20g Bay leaf (Tej Patta)
- 20g Mesua ferrea (Nagkesar)
- 10g Nirav Mace Whole (Javantri)
- 20g Myristica Malabarica (Rampatri)
- 20g Triphala
- 5 Green Cardamom (Elaichi)
- First, remove stones & debris from all the spices.
- Break open the swirls or the curved parts of cinnamon and wipe off the inner part with a dry cloth and make sure there’s no larva, fungi or infestations.
- Sun-dry all spices 5 – 6 hours per day for three days.
- You can also roast all spices separately for 1 to 2 minute over a low flame.
- Mix all sundried/roasted spices (except Bay Leaf) in a large bowl.
- to crush Bay Leaves grind the separately, add in these spices.
- Mix all spices and grind to fine powder.
- Sieve using a fine mesh strainer and grind the leftover coarse particles again, repeat the process.
- Store in an air-tight container.
You might also like Dhana Jeera Masala Recipe
Watch Garam Masala Powder / Indian Spice Mix Recipe video in Hindi