Farali Frankie | Upvas – Vrat – Fasting Recipe
Farali Frankie – I am sharing another unique Franky recipe that you can eat during Upvas / Vrat / Fasting days. Made from 3 flours, boiled Potatoes and spices, it’s a very delicious dish made from very less Oil. I have used Farali Chutney; I will upload the recipe for Upvas Chutney soon.
- Three medium sizes boiled mashed Potato
- 1/2 cup Amaranth Flour (Rajgira Flour)
- 1/2 cup Water Chestnut Flour (Shingada Flour)
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder (Ara Lot / Arorot)
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- chopped Fresh Coriander
- Farali Chutney (Recipe coming soon)
- Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 tbsp Green Chilli & Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Sandwich Masala
- Salt to taste
- Shredded Vegetables & Pomegranate for Salad
- Heat Oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add Cumin seeds, Green Chilli & Ginger paste in oil, sauté for 1 minute.
- After 1 minute, add boiled, mashed Potatoes & fresh chopped Coriander, mix well.
- Add Salt and Lemon Juice, mix well.
- Lightly mash the mixture in the pan.
- Switch off the gas and keep it aside.
- Take 1 cup water in a heavy-bottom Pan, add Water Chestnut Flour (Shingada Flour), Arrowroot Powder (Ara Lot / Arorot) and 2 tbsp. Amaranth (Rajgira) flour.
- Mix well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Add Salt and cook this mixture over the low flame.
- Stir continuously and cook for 5 – 7 minutes until it becomes thick.
- Switch off the gas and add remaining Amaranth Flour, mix well and prepare the dough.
- You can add more Chestnut Flour & Arrowroot flour in equal portion if the dough is sticky.
- After mixing, keep it aside and let it cool down to room temperature.
- After the dough is completely cooled down, add 2 tsp Clarified butter and knead well.
- Prepare medium size balls from the dough.
- Roll Frankie Rotis from dough balls and half-cook them.
- Half-cooked Frankie Rotis can be prepared in advance & store them in an air-tight container for 4 – 5 hours.
- Switch on the gas and heat Tawa on high flame.
- Spread some Clarified butter on Tawa and cook half-cooked Frankie Rotis on high flame.
- Cook from both the sides till you see the light brown spots on Frankie roti.
- Place cooked Frankie roti on clean, dry surface.
- Evenly spread Farali Chutney on the roti.
- Add Potato stuffing, shredded vegetables, Pomegranate seeds and sprinkle some Sandwich Masala.
- Fold the edges and wrap in an Aluminium foil / Tissue Paper.
- Repeat the process with remaining ingredients and serve Farali Frankie.
You might also like Thepla Frankie Recipe
Watch Farali Frankie Recipe video in Hindi