Farali Khandvi Rolls Recipe
Khandvi is a mouth watering traditional Gujarati snack made from Gram Flour. Here I am sharing Recipe of Farali Khandvi made from Shingada Flour & Arrowroot which you can eat during fasting days like holy month of Shravan, Navratri, etc. Follow this step-by-step recipe to make Farali Khandvi Rolls at home.
- 1/2 cup Water Chestnut Flour (Shingada Flour)
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder (Ara Lot)
- Grated Fresh Coconut
- 3 cup Buttermilk (1 Cup Curd + 2 Cup Water)
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp. Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tbsp. Green Chilli & Ginger Paste
- Chopped Fresh Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Take a non-stick pan, add Shingada Flour & Ara Lot.
- Add Buttermilk and mix well all ingredients using a whisk, make sure there are no lumps.
- Now add Cumin Powder, Turmeric Powder, Salt and Green Chilli & Ginger paste.
- Mix well all ingredients.
- Switch on the gas and heat the mixture on medium flame for 5 – 7 minutes, keep on stirring.
- The batter will become thick while heating.
- The final consistency of the Farali Khandvi Batter is shown in the video below.
- Now switch off the gas and quickly pour the batter on the kitchen platform or a large plate.
- Spread the batter evenly and thinly using a spatula.
- You have to be quick as it will become difficult to spread the batter after cooling down.
- Sprinkle grated coconut & fresh coriander over spread mixture and press gently.
- Let it cool down for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Cut into equal sized long strips using a knife.
- Gently roll each strip from one side and keep Khandvi Rolls on a plate.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan.
- Crackle Cumin Seeds & Sesame Seeds in hot oil.
- Switch off the gas and spread the Tadka evenly on Khandvi rolls.
- Serve Farali Khandvi with Farali Chutney.
You might also like Upvas ka Aloo Paratha Recipe
Watch Farali Khandvi Rolls Recipe video in Hindi