Sheer Khurma Recipe
A traditional Muslim festive dessert Sheer Khurma or Sheer Khorma (Vermicelli Pudding) is a delicious dessert in Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and Bangladesh prepared on Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-al-Adha. Sheer Khurma made from Vermicelli (Seviyan), Sugar and Dates. Follow this step-by-step recipe to make this creamy Mughlai dessert at home during Ramzan & Eid. Ramadan special Recipe.
- 1 & 1/2 Litre Full-Fat Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Vermicelli (Seviyan)
- 5 – 6 tbsp. Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 3 tbsp. Raisins
- 5 Dates (sliced)
- 1/2 tsp. Cardamom Powder
- 25 Cashews
- 25 Almonds
- 25 Pistachios
- 1 tbsp. Chironji (Charoli)
- Soak Dry fruits (Cashew, Almonds, Pistachios and Chironji) in hot water for 1 hour. Remove the skin and slice all the dry fruits except Chironji.
- Heat 2 tbsp. Clarified Butter in a pan.
- Sauté soaked & sliced dry fruits over medium flame for about 4 – 5 minutes, remove from pan and keep aside.
- In the same pan, sauté Raisins & sliced Dates until nice aroma comes and Raisins puffs up, remove from pan and keep aside.
- Now, add 3 tbsp. Clarified Butter in the same pan, add broken Vermicelli (Seviyan) and roast till golden brown. Stir continuously.
- Stir and add Milk.
- Cook over medium flame and allow the Milk to come to a boil.
- Lower the flame and cook for 5 – 7 minutes more.
- Vermicelli will become soft after 5 – 7 minutes of cooking.
- Now add Sugar and Cardamom Powder, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add Dry Fruits, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, switch off the gas.
- Garnish with Dry Fruits and serve Sheer Khurma hot or cold.
You might also like Instant Bread Rasmalai Recipe
Watch Sheer Khurma Recipe video in Hindi