Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe
A Simple and quick recipe for the most popular Birthday Cake in India – Eggless Black Forest Cake. Black Forest gateau & Black Forest Cake are the English names for the German Dessert Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. It consists of several layers of Chocolate cake sandwiched with whipped cream and cherries. Follow this step-by-step recipe on how to make Eggless Black Forest Cake at home.
- 6-inch Eggless Chocolate Cake
- Dark Chocolate
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cherry / Tinned Cherries / Candied Karonda Berries
- 4 – 5 tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- I have made 6” Eggless Chocolate Cake; you can find the recipe here.
- Cut Chocolate cake into three equal layers.
- Use a vegetable peeler or knife to shave flat, thin shavings from a block of chocolate, keep in the refrigerator.
- Add 4 – 5 tbsp. Powder Sugar in ½ cup water, mix well to make sugar syrup.
- You can also use sugar syrup from sugar coated Cherries, watch the video below for instructions.
- Whip the cream until it becomes stiff, keep in the refrigerator. For alternate method watch the video below.
- Place one layer of Chocolate cake on the cake base over Cake Stand, soak the cake with sugar syrup.
- Spread whip cream over the cake evenly.
- Sprinkle some chopped cherries, add some more cream and spread evenly.
- Add 2nd layer of Chocolate cake and repeat the process.
- Now add a 3rd layer of chocolate cake and cover with whip cream.
- Level the corners of the cake to make it smooth.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate all over the sides of the cake and on top.
- Add some whipped cream in a piping bag and use any decorative nozzle to decorate the cake.
- Place whole cherries on the cake.
- Cover the cake with a large bowl and keep in the refrigerator for 3 – 4 hours or overnight for the cream icing to set.
- Slice and serve the Eggless Black Forest Cake.
You might also like Rava Cake (Semolina Cake) Recipe
Watch Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe video in Hindi